Maca, an ancient Peruvian superfood in the cruciferous family, is organically & cooperatively grown supporting native families living in the Peruvian Andes.
Raw Maca powder from the root, has been used by indigenous Andean societies as a source of nourishment, healing and sustenance for thousands of years, dating back to 3800 BC. It has a long history as an immune enhancer, hormone balancer, and an adaptogen. Adaptogens thrive in extremely harsh conditions and as a result, they contain chemical properties which help the body to handle stress. Our organic maca powder is a nutrient-dense whole food, containing proteins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, alkaloids, tannins, saponins, polysaccharides and complex carbohydrates processed at low temperatures to preserve the delicate nutrient profile. Maca powder is perhaps most well known for its profound effect on increasing libido and has earned the name “nature’s viagra”.
- Essential Fatty Acids which may support cognitive function and mental clarity.
- Calcium which may assist in supporting strong bones.
- Magnesium which may contribute to normal bone health and immunity.
- Potassium which may help maintain healthy blood pressure in combination with a low sodium diet.
- Protein Which may help build strong muscles.